A heat control unit designed to fit within a set of pistol grips, used to regulate the temperature of a gas blow-back magazine to increase the efficiency of a GBB pistol or rifle. A detailed explanation of what it should do can be found at http://bachelarius.blogspot.com/2011/11/airsoft-thermostat-design.htm
The project owner hasn't added main project image yet.
A heat control unit designed to fit within a set of pistol grips, designed to regulate the temperature of a gas blow-back magazine to increase efficiency, gas consumption through gently increased pressure and decreased effects of cool-down.
Its complexity comes with the power source. Due to the confined space, li-po batteries must be used and due to the 'always on' aspect of this design, must have very reliable under-voltage protection as well as a charger module.
* Implement the use of resistance wire as a heating element
* Be regulated to keep the mag at a steady temperature (for now set at 20-25 degrees, exact value will be tweaked after testing)
* Be a completely self-contained unit, containing charger, lipo protection, thermostat and heater all within the grips of a pistol
* Allow an external power source to be able to charge the batt while still heating (extend the battery)
* Basic circuit should be applicable to Gas Blowback pistols, rifles and magazine pouches.
* SAFELY employ a li-po cell as a power source.